Friday, September 7, 2012

Bella Update!

So Bella's condition hasn't changed much! She still runs and plays like crazy! She has this one toy that she has had since she was a puppy and absolutely loves it! Its a cheese moon! Every now and then it comes up missing and when I find it she is always so excited and I don't think she puts it down or quits playing with it until it goes into hiding again from being "overworked"! Lately she has been "telling" me when she is in pain though! When I ask if she needs a pain pill she will go stand by the table where the bottle is! The pain meds are chewable so if she takes it from me I know she really needed it and if she won't she just wants a treat and is doing good! She is so unbelievably silly! I love her to death!

We are also counting days (16 to be exact) til the day that is going to definitely feel like the longest day ever for me! I am nervous and emotional about that day, but Bret will be there too! We are starting to think of how to help, especially when it comes to her not be ran over by Harley when she gets to get out of her kennel, & I think its determined that Harley will have to be in the other room either in her kennel or hanging out with one of us!

Bella will have to be constantly in her kennel for the first 2 weeks except for potty breaks! Then she gets to go to the vet, then back to the kennel a little less every day from what I hear! This is going to be an extremely long process but by next summer she should be back to her normal self, hopefully!

This whole experience has been an emotional roller coaster for me, I can only imagine how Bella is feeling!

We appreciate all the prayers for all of us! I just keep praying her surgery will go as smooth as possible and that we will both make it through recovery without going insane!

Thanks for everyone's help and support! We Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment