Wednesday, February 20, 2013

5 Months Post Op!

Haven't written for a while, its been super crazy at our house! Bella is doing wonderful, she gave us a scare 2 weeks ago and worry wart mommy took her to see Dr. Alderson! She was limping more than normal and holding her leg up and not wanting to use it at all. Well Dr. Alderson said her leg is pretty solid, but she will always favor it a bit, she will have good days and bad days. She also let me know that she probably needed some pain meds, and boy have they helped. My mom has a medicine called metacam that is around $100 for a bottle, we bought rimadyl.

Well we went to my mom's house all weekend this last weekend and Bella ran and played a bunch, until mommy said no more today take it easy and then I closed the dog door. Bella had the biggest smile on her face and loved being able to run without being yelled at! Each night we gave her a dose of the metacam and the next day you couldn't even tell she had ran that much. Whenever I see her run lately the song "Free" by Zac Brown Band plays in my head, and it brings tears to my eyes which isn't hard to do lately!

She is my little girl and I am so happy that she is doing so well! She did gain 7 pounds from the date of surgery to Feb 5! So hopefully she can start loosing that now! I will try to get a video of her and post, but we all know how good I am about posting! Harley has been loving having her to run with again. Bella is slower now and Harley beats her if they race but Bella just pounces on her like its nothing at all! That silly little girl!

Lately Bella has taken up cuddling with my belly, she thinks its a head rest! But I love the snuggles! And Harley's hugs are just as good! Both are very welcome after a crazy day at work! Which has gotten better as well, I have a new boss but instead of me doing a lot of the work, Heather does it and I have more of a chance to get everything done that I need. Its wonderful!

I can't thank you all enough for the help and support and the love that you have shown us.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment